Enjoy A Night of Dirty Dancing in Cromer as show inspired by 80s movie comes to town
- Credit: Archant
Back in 1987 a low-budget film captured the hearts of cinemagoers the world over as two relatively unknown performers – Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey – danced their way to movie immortality, and $214m at the box office.
Since then, generation after generation has continued to take the legendary production – Dirty Dancing – to their hearts.
Now a new tribute show inspired by everyone's favourite dance movie is taking to the stage at Cromer Pier's Pavilion Theatre.
A Night of Dirty Dancing fast forwards theatregoers to Kellerman's end of season show, retelling the tale from an alternative perspective, and featuring the classic hits from the film.
Recast and re-scripted for 2016, more than 100 dates are already scheduled for the tour.
There's no doubt music and dance fans are crying out for a new brand-new dose of Dirty Dancing, according to the show's producer Michael Taylor.
'Having enjoyed many sold-out performances as we criss-crossed the country we are now proud to announce an even more extensive tour with a larger cast,' said Michael.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Royal estate closes winter light trail due to bad weather
'Dirty Dancing boasted the greatest movie soundtrack of all time. All these hits are superbly performed in this fast-moving, slickly-choreographed theatrical treat.'
He added: 'It's an all-new production featuring an all-star cast, the next exciting chapter in the amazing musical legacy that is Dirty Dancing,'
Dirty Dancing's score included: She's Like the Wind, Big Girls Don't Cry, Hey Baby, Wipeout, Do You Love Me, Be My Baby, Hungry Eyes and the Oscar-winning (I've Had) The Time of My Life.
Fans are invited to take a trip back to the summer of '63, to relive Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey's sizzling performance in the ultimate coming of age romance.
One of the stand out films of the 1980s - Dirty Dancing was the first movie to sell 1 million videos, it produced a number one single and achieved album sales of 42 million worldwide.
The show is not affiliated with Dirty Dancing: The Classic Story On Stage currently on tour in the UK and worldwide.
A Night of Dirty Dancing takes place at Cromer Pavilion Theatre on Thursday, April 14.
Tickets, £22, concessions £20, are available from the box office on 01263 512495 or www.cromer-pier.com.