Enjoy A Night of Dirty Dancing in Cromer as show inspired by 80s movie comes to town
- Credit: Archant
Back in 1987 a low-budget film captured the hearts of cinemagoers the world over as two relatively unknown performers – Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey – danced their way to movie immortality, and $214m at the box office.
Since then, generation after generation has continued to take the legendary production – Dirty Dancing – to their hearts.
Now a new tribute show inspired by everyone's favourite dance movie is taking to the stage at Cromer Pier's Pavilion Theatre.
A Night of Dirty Dancing fast forwards theatregoers to Kellerman's end of season show, retelling the tale from an alternative perspective, and featuring the classic hits from the film.
Recast and re-scripted for 2016, more than 100 dates are already scheduled for the tour.
You may also want to watch:
There's no doubt music and dance fans are crying out for a new brand-new dose of Dirty Dancing, according to the show's producer Michael Taylor.
'Having enjoyed many sold-out performances as we criss-crossed the country we are now proud to announce an even more extensive tour with a larger cast,' said Michael.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
'Dirty Dancing boasted the greatest movie soundtrack of all time. All these hits are superbly performed in this fast-moving, slickly-choreographed theatrical treat.'
He added: 'It's an all-new production featuring an all-star cast, the next exciting chapter in the amazing musical legacy that is Dirty Dancing,'
Dirty Dancing's score included: She's Like the Wind, Big Girls Don't Cry, Hey Baby, Wipeout, Do You Love Me, Be My Baby, Hungry Eyes and the Oscar-winning (I've Had) The Time of My Life.
Fans are invited to take a trip back to the summer of '63, to relive Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey's sizzling performance in the ultimate coming of age romance.
One of the stand out films of the 1980s - Dirty Dancing was the first movie to sell 1 million videos, it produced a number one single and achieved album sales of 42 million worldwide.
The show is not affiliated with Dirty Dancing: The Classic Story On Stage currently on tour in the UK and worldwide.
A Night of Dirty Dancing takes place at Cromer Pavilion Theatre on Thursday, April 14.
Tickets, £22, concessions £20, are available from the box office on 01263 512495 or www.cromer-pier.com.