Elton John tribute act on Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
Pop classics will be performed on Cromer Pier this weekend by a popular Sir Elton John tribute act.
Paul Bacon will be heading up a lively concert at the Pavilion Theatre on Sunday March 30 at 7.30pm.
Established as the foremost Elton John tribute act in Britain, Ultimate Elton and The Rocket Band present an uncannily accurate reproduction of the classic live shows of one of pop music's most successful and best-loved artists.
The show often features some of Elton's actual costumes, bought from his Out the Closet sales.
Elton John is the single most successful solo artist ever.
The singer has album sales of well over 250m with an extraordinary career spanning over five decades and more than 50 top 40 hits and over 30 albums to date.
Paul and his band are able to draw on this amazing catalogue of hits to create a dynamic and powerful live celebration of Elton John's music.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 8 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
The concert will feature classics like Candle in the Wind, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, I'm Still Standing, The Bitch is Back and Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting - as well as other live favourites.
Ultimate Elton and The Rocket Band are now much in demand at festivals and theatres throughout Britain and beyond. They are certainly one of the top tribute acts working on the circuit today and this has recently been recognised at the National Tribute Awards 2013, run by the Agents Association of Great Britain, who awarded the band Official UK No 1 for performances as the ever popular Elton John Band.
Tickets for Ultimate Elton and the Rocket Band cost £20, £18 or £17.
To book call the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com.
? Also performing this weekend at the Pavilion Theatre are Pasha Kovalev and Katya Vishilas from BBC television show Strictly Come Dancing.
The pair will be performing alongside six professional dancers and youngsters from local dance schools at the Pavilion Theatre on tonight at 7.30pm.
One of the local dance schools involved is True Motion Dance youth groups, who practise in Sheringham and North Walsham.
About 24 pupils aged eight to 18 from the group performed with the Strictly stars when they appeared on the pier last year.
Tickets for this year's show cost £23 and £21.