Elderly woman is airlifted to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Four people were injured, one of them seriously, in a single-car crash on the A11 near Attleborough yesterday.
A woman believed to be about 70 years old was airlifted to Addenbrooke's hospital with serious head injuries.
A young girl received minor cuts, another woman was left with a minor head injury and a man received minor injuries.
Their car, an Audi, hit the Stag roundabout outside the Breckland Lodge Hotel and emergency services were called at 8.35am.
Police closed the A11 in both directions for the helicopter to land and pick up the woman, leading to long queues as traffic was diverted.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said of the elderly woman: 'She was found unconscious, but breathing, with a head injury. We are treating it as a serious accident.'
An ambulance spokesman said: 'At the scene an elderly woman was treated and airlifted to Addenbrooke's hospital in a serious condition.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
'[The other] three were all taken via land to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.'
Fire crews from Attleborough, East Harling and Wymondham were also called to the scene to assist other emergency services.