Elderly woman is airlifted to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Four people were injured, one of them seriously, in a single-car crash on the A11 near Attleborough yesterday.
A woman believed to be about 70 years old was airlifted to Addenbrooke's hospital with serious head injuries.
A young girl received minor cuts, another woman was left with a minor head injury and a man received minor injuries.
Their car, an Audi, hit the Stag roundabout outside the Breckland Lodge Hotel and emergency services were called at 8.35am.
Police closed the A11 in both directions for the helicopter to land and pick up the woman, leading to long queues as traffic was diverted.
A police spokesman said of the elderly woman: 'She was found unconscious, but breathing, with a head injury. We are treating it as a serious accident.'
An ambulance spokesman said: 'At the scene an elderly woman was treated and airlifted to Addenbrooke's hospital in a serious condition.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
'[The other] three were all taken via land to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.'
Fire crews from Attleborough, East Harling and Wymondham were also called to the scene to assist other emergency services.