Edgefield’s The Pigs win regional award for the Best Family Pub 2012
An Edgefield pub has been named the Best Family Pub 2012 in the East Anglia region category of The Great British Pub Awards.
The Pigs, based on Norwich Road, beat off the challenge of numerous pubs across the region to win the award, which is organised by pub industry magazine, the Publican's Morning Advertiser.
Independent judges visited all the competing pubs to assess them and The Pigs came out on top.
The Publican's Morning Advertiser editor Rob Willock said: 'The award recognises the pub that has best capitalised on the family market in the past 12 months.
'The Pigs has a fantastic offer for its customers and is a worthy winner of the award.'
The pub is run by Tim Abbott and will now go forward to the Great British Pub Awards final, held at the Hilton Hotel in London's Park Lane on Thursday, September 13.
The event is hosted by comedian Jason Manford.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
It will go head to head with four other regional winners for the UK title of Best Family Pub 2012 and also have the opportunity to compete for the overall title of Great British Pub of the Year.