Edgefield’s The Pigs win regional award for the Best Family Pub 2012
An Edgefield pub has been named the Best Family Pub 2012 in the East Anglia region category of The Great British Pub Awards.
The Pigs, based on Norwich Road, beat off the challenge of numerous pubs across the region to win the award, which is organised by pub industry magazine, the Publican's Morning Advertiser.
Independent judges visited all the competing pubs to assess them and The Pigs came out on top.
The Publican's Morning Advertiser editor Rob Willock said: 'The award recognises the pub that has best capitalised on the family market in the past 12 months.
'The Pigs has a fantastic offer for its customers and is a worthy winner of the award.'
You may also want to watch:
The pub is run by Tim Abbott and will now go forward to the Great British Pub Awards final, held at the Hilton Hotel in London's Park Lane on Thursday, September 13.
The event is hosted by comedian Jason Manford.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
It will go head to head with four other regional winners for the UK title of Best Family Pub 2012 and also have the opportunity to compete for the overall title of Great British Pub of the Year.