Ed Sheeran announces 2017 UK tour dates
- Credit: PA
Suffolk-raised superstar Ed Sheeran has announced details for a 12-date UK arena tour due to take place in April and May this year.
The Framlingham star will kick off the run of shows at the Glasgow SSE Hydro Arena on April 16, and wrap up the UK leg of the tour on May 2 at the O2 Arena in London.
The tour will take in two shows at each city, with visits to Newcastle, Manchester, Nottingham and Birmingham between the Glasgow and London shows.
The singer/songwriter's new album ÷ is due to be released on March 3, while the Official Charts earlier this week reported that Sheeran was heading for a third week at both the numbers one and two spots with Shape of You and Castle on the Hill respectively.
You may also want to watch:
• April 16, 2017 - Glasgow - The SSE Hydro Arena (AEG)
• April 17, 2017 - Glasgow - The SSE Hydro Arena (AEG)
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
• April 19, 2017 - Newcastle - Newcastle Arena
• April 20, 2017 - Newcastle- Newcastle Arena
• April 23, 2017 - Manchester - Manchester Arena
• April 24, 2017 - Manchester - Manchester Arena
• April 25, 2017 - Nottingham - Motorpoint Arena
• April 26, 2017 - Nottingham - Motorpoint Arena
• April 28, 2017 - Birmingham - Barclaycard Arena
• April 29, 2017 - Birmingham - Barclaycard Arena
• May 1, 2017 - London - The O2 Arena
• May 2, 2017 - London - The O2 Arena