Early bird ticket offer for next year’s Last Night of the Blickling Proms
- Credit: Archant
The popular Last Night of the Blickling Proms is returning to the rural visitor attraction next year.
Blickling Estate will be holding the event on Saturday August 8 for the fourth year, following previous successful concerts.
Early bird tickets, costing £29 each, are now on sale until January 31. After that they will cost £33 before the concert and £36 on the night.
The event will have a 1940s party theme to mark 75 years of the historic estate being bequeathed to the National Trust.
It was handed over to the organisation by the estate's last private owner Philip Kerr, the 11th Marquess of Lothian, who died in December 1940.
Blickling was the first major estate which was part of the National Trust Country Houses Scheme.
The scheme prevented historic homes and land across Britain being broken up.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 10 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
The concert will include music from the Sinfonia Viva orchestra and Mezzo Soprano Annette Wardell, under conductor Roderick Dunk.
Music will include Moonlight Seranade by Glenn Miller, We'll Meet Again by Vera Lynn, Nimrod, Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory.
The Grace Spitfire will introduce the evening with a choreographed routine to Ron Goodwin's Battle of Britain music.
Jo Bosch, marketing and visitor manager at the National Trust Blickling Estate, said: 'It's going to be a special year for Blickling. We have some fresh and exciting things up our sleeves for visitors to see next year.'
Visit www.revival-productions.co.uk or call 01263 223500 to book.