Duke Special on first UK tour
COLIN WILSON Listed in Q's Top 100 albums of 2006 and one of the most original new acts to emerge in the last 12 months, Duke Special brings his UK tour, his first ever with a full band to Norwich Arts Centre on Friday February 16.
Listed in Q's Top 100 albums of 2006 and one of the most original new acts to emerge in the last 12 months, Duke Special brings his UK tour, his first ever with a full band to Norwich Arts Centre on Friday February 16.
Hailing from Belfast with a sound that is self-confessed “hobo-chic”, Duke Special, aka the endlessly-inventive Peter Wilson, is once heard, never forgotten. Blissfully at home in his own alluring genre of beautifully bruised romanticism, Duke Special is a world alike no other - a world filled with vaudeville-esque sensibility singalongs and addictive melodies.
A fervent performer who harks back to the pre-rock'n'roll era with dashes of fairytale, Gershwin and orchestral swing, Duke Special released his latest, critically acclaimed album Songs from the Deep Forest in October through V2 Records. The album features the single Last Night I Nearly Died and his stunning new single Freewheel, which was released on Monday, February 5.
Having toured the UK with the Divine Comedy, scored glowing four-star reviews in Q, The Independent and Mojo, wowed audiences on Later with Jools Holland and sold-out Dublin's Gaiety Theatre in a record 15 minutes, 2007 looks set to be the year of Duke Special.
Support comes from Stephanie Dosen. Doors 8pm. Tickets £7adv/£8door.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 5 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 6 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 7 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
Call 01603 660352 or visit www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk