Dragon Boat Festival at Oulton Broad
Alasdair McGregorHundreds of people are set to take to the water on Sunday for the fourth East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival.Alasdair McGregor
Hundreds of people are set to take to the water on Sunday for the fourth East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival.
The event, to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices, takes place at Oulton Broad, near Lowestoft.
Crews will race the 30ft brightly painted Chinese dragon boats, three at a time, over a 200m course alongside Nicholas Everitt Park, watched by spectators.
As well as races taking place every 10 minutes throughout the day between 10am and 4pm, there will be family entertainment on the bank, including the Wing Chun Kung Fu group performing a lion dance at noon and 2pm. Lowestoft-based Venue of Performing Arts will be performing three shows during the day, at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
The festival is free to spectators and there is plenty of on-site pay and display parking at Nicholas Everitt Park.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'