Australian band DMA’s announce Norwich gig
- Credit: Archant
Sydney trio DMA's have announced a date at Norwich's Waterfront as part of their UK tour.
DMA's debut album 'Hills End' was released in 2016 and was smash hit in Australia. The band have also been gaining considerable recognition over in the UK too.
Their new album, titled 'For Now' will be released on April 27. It is a self-described 'gloriously uplifting album of beautifully honed, passionately emotive rock 'n' roll songs'.
While the album still echoes their Britpop and Madchester influences, the trio are also developing their own unique, organic voice.
'Last time round, we were still working out what kind of band we want to be, and we still are,' admits guitarist Johnny Took.
'We still have that jangly rock 'n' roll aspect to it, but it's also matured in other ways. It feels like a natural progression for the band.'
Johnny is joined by another guitarist, Matt Mason, and Tommy O'Dell on vocals.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 7 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 8 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 9 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 10 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
DMA's will be visiting 16 British cities, including Birmingham, Sheffield, Cambridge and London.
They will play The Waterfront, Norwich, on May 8.