Australian band DMA’s announce Norwich gig
- Credit: Archant
Sydney trio DMA's have announced a date at Norwich's Waterfront as part of their UK tour.
DMA's debut album 'Hills End' was released in 2016 and was smash hit in Australia. The band have also been gaining considerable recognition over in the UK too.
Their new album, titled 'For Now' will be released on April 27. It is a self-described 'gloriously uplifting album of beautifully honed, passionately emotive rock 'n' roll songs'.
While the album still echoes their Britpop and Madchester influences, the trio are also developing their own unique, organic voice.
'Last time round, we were still working out what kind of band we want to be, and we still are,' admits guitarist Johnny Took.
You may also want to watch:
'We still have that jangly rock 'n' roll aspect to it, but it's also matured in other ways. It feels like a natural progression for the band.'
Johnny is joined by another guitarist, Matt Mason, and Tommy O'Dell on vocals.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 7 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
DMA's will be visiting 16 British cities, including Birmingham, Sheffield, Cambridge and London.
They will play The Waterfront, Norwich, on May 8.