Theatre Royal announces 'Badass' extras at outdoor summer festival
- Credit: Max Hilton
The Norwich Theatre Royal has announced some additions to its outdoor summer festival, Interlude in the Close.
Set in Norwich's Cathedral Close in a big-top circus tent from July 14 to August 30, 2021, Interlude in the Close features a packed programme of live performances this summer.
New shows added to the line-up include multi-award winning Police Cops: Badass (Jul 29), hot off the back of total sell-out runs at Edinburgh Fringe Festival & Soho Theatre, and world class comedy with Rich Hall, Ed Gamble, Lou Sanders and Ellie Taylor, fresh from her debut Netflix stand-up special.
Norfolk’s favourite comedian Karl Minns (17-18 Aug) returns this year after a popular debut at last year's event.
Families can look forward to watching The Mighty Kids Beatbox Comedy Show (Aug 1) and StrongWomen Science (Aug 24-30), starring two women scientists turned circus performers.
Lost in Translation Circus return with their Cabaret Lates from Aug 24-30.
You may also want to watch:
Interlude in the Close culminates in a circus-based celebration of community and togetherness in the city on Monday, August 30.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault