Headliner Lewis Capaldi drops out of Latitude Festival 2021
- Credit: PA
Chart-topping singer Lewis Capaldi has postponed his headline set at Latitude Festival, but has confirmed he will play at the 2022 event instead.
Lewis Capaldi was set to headline the Obelisk Arena main stage on Friday night at the festival, which takes place in Henham Park in Suffolk, scheduled from July 22 to 25.
Lewis, whose hits include number one singles Someone You Loved and Before You Go, announced on Twitter on Friday he would be rescheduling all his 2021 tour dates and festival appearances until 2022.
He will now appear at Latitude on Friday, July 22 2022.
He wrote: "Despite having all this extra time to write, all the Covid restrictions have made it harder to go and record the stuff I've been working on or even be around all the people I loved working with on the first album.
"For that reason, it's with an extremely heavy heart that I've made the difficult decision to reschedule this year's shows and put all the effort into making the best album I can for you."
Lewis is currently working on the follow-up to number one album Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent.
Latitude boss Melvin Benn intends to run Latitude Festival at full capacity with on-site Covid testing and acts announced so far are First Aid Kit, Bastille and Snow Patrol.
- 1 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 2 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 3 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 8 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 9 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 10 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project