David Franceschetti, Burnham Westgate
ALISON CROOSE The exciting young Italian pianist gave an electrifying performance in the Burnham Market concert series.
The exciting young Italian pianist Davide Franceschetti gave an electrifying performance in the Burnham Market concert series.
He won many admirers when, as a 19-year-old, he first appeared at Burnham Market six years ago. Since then he has won the silver medal at the Leeds International Piano Competition and his career continues to blossom.
His return confirmed his burgeoning talent, especially as his skills were tested by a thoroughly challenging programme. First he played Chopin's scherzos one to four with all their intensity and emotion.
The pianist underlined his talent with a bravura interpretation which instantly impressed a large and appreciative audience who warmed to the expressiveness of the artist with his mop-headed hairstyle reminiscent of a Sixties pop singer.
But it was the piano playing we were there to hear, and there was more than enough to enjoy in Franceschetti's powerful and assured treatment of Mussorgsky's Pictures from an Exhibition. The familiar Promenade which provides the theme for the work, heralds the musical description of the scenes painted by the composer's friend, Victor Hartmann. Franceschetti gave a tremendous display of virtuosity which thrilled an audience obviously enjoying the musical treats provided by the Burnham Market festival.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 3 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 4 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 5 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 6 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 7 Norfolk recruiting police officers - but not those with 'offensive' tattoos
- 8 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
t Davide Franceschetti was performing at Burnham Westgate church.