Local author put barber in new book for free haircut
- Credit: Archant
A writer who bases his novels in a Norfolk town made his barber into a character in exchange for a free hair cut.
Dan Aldborough, from Wymondham self-published his second novel, Calling from the Next Room, in December 2017 on Amazon.
Whilst writing the novel he paid a visit to Francis Bayliss, of McQueens Barbers in Wymondham.
Mr Alborough said: 'I said to him, if I mention you in my book, will you give me a free hair-cut, and he said yes!'
'I just got talking to him about the idea and he was particularly enthusiastic about it.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bayliss appears as himself.
Calling from the Next Room is about a man who becomes a con-artist psychic medium, to whom strange things start to happen.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Mr Alborough's first novel, Not From Round Here, sold more than 1,000 paperbacks, and almost as many on Kindle.