Local author put barber in new book for free haircut
- Credit: Archant
A writer who bases his novels in a Norfolk town made his barber into a character in exchange for a free hair cut.
Dan Aldborough, from Wymondham self-published his second novel, Calling from the Next Room, in December 2017 on Amazon.
Whilst writing the novel he paid a visit to Francis Bayliss, of McQueens Barbers in Wymondham.
Mr Alborough said: 'I said to him, if I mention you in my book, will you give me a free hair-cut, and he said yes!'
'I just got talking to him about the idea and he was particularly enthusiastic about it.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bayliss appears as himself.
Calling from the Next Room is about a man who becomes a con-artist psychic medium, to whom strange things start to happen.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Mr Alborough's first novel, Not From Round Here, sold more than 1,000 paperbacks, and almost as many on Kindle.