Crystal Antlers - psychedelia from California
Colin WilsonTwee Off! presents a headline appearance from sun-scorched California rockers Crystal Antlers at Norwich Arts Centre on this Wednesday night.Colin Wilson
Twee Off! presents a headline appearance from sun-scorched California rockers Crystal Antlers at Norwich Arts Centre on Wednesday (8pm).
Crystal Antlers' sound is a wild ride through classic psychedelia and contemporary prog-rock, filtered through chaotic elements of punk and hardcore that have come in between and filtered into relatively short, three-to-four minute songs, harnessing the concise energy of the alt-rock era while wrapping it in dense layers of warbled vocals and guitar feedback.
The band will be playing songs from their recently released debut album Tentacles.
Main support is Duchess Says, who serve up a repertory of 'moog rock'. Their musical influences range from no wave, new wave, punk, to cinema and visual arts.
You may also want to watch:
Opening the show are Norwich-based Welsh super-turbo two piece Balaclava Kid and Dad who will unleash their 'offbeat, angular instrumental post-rock jazz noise'. They are influenced heavily by improvised music, open space and bad weather, their tunefully brutal mix of guitar and drums has seen them share the stage with the likes of Acoustic Ladyland and Cats in Paris.
t 01603 660352 (�7adv/�8door) Norwich Arts Centre box office; www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel