Cromer Pier unveils 2016 shows line-up
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Pier has unveiled its line-up of shows for 2016.
The showpiece summer variety season will be headlined by comedian Phil Butler - making a return to the venue where he appeared in 1998 and 1999.
Former chef Phil, now 40, changed careers to magic, song, dance, comedy and juggling in 1987 and currently does stand up comedy along with presenting an internet radio show.
He will lead the pier show in its 39th year in a season that runs from June 25 to September 24.
But the programme of visiting shows during the year also features some summer show 'old boys.'
You may also want to watch:
Ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, who starred in the 2011 Cromer Pier Show and then went on to be a finalist in Britain's Got Talent two years later, is back on Monday March 28 - with a suitcase full of 'friends.'
Popular headliner for the past two years Paul Eastwood is back on March 30 with an adults-only one-man show called Gagged and Bound. And Tucker, who topped the show in 2002 and 2003 as well as the 2006 Christmas season, is back on October 8.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
The special show season kicks off a bit earlier than normal - in February half term - with Michael Bublé tribute artist Mark Daniels, and runs through to November, with a break in the middle when the summer show season is on.
New acts this year include a Rapunzel musical for families, the Glenn Miller Orchestra and 1950s rock and roll show The Two Pianos.
Other shows include Strictly stars Ian Waite and Camilla Dallerup and Swan Lake by the Vienna Festival Ballet.
(see panel for more details)
Friends of the Theatre get priority booking a week ahead of public release.
For more information and to book call 01263 512495 or visit www.cromerpier.co.uk/