Cromer Pier Christmas show line-up and children go free deal announced
The fun and trauma of the office Christmas party is among the festive frolics highlighted in this year's Cromer Pier Christmas Seaside Special.
There is also a visit to the vicarage to meet the unorthodox clergyman, some seasonal shopping, a peek at the local choir rehearsing for their concert, the children penning their letters to Santa, the unwrapping of presents, and a carol singalong.
And there is a real family bonus for families at this year's show, which combines festive tradition with a modern take on Christmas, with a 'children go free' deal throughout the school holidays.
Heading the cast for a third time, when the So here it is Merry Christmas how opens on December 3, is local all-round entertainer Olly Day, combining his cheeky humour with a fine singing voice.
Last winter during packed house for the Christmas he was asked to stand in for the actor John Hurt, to add his jokes and comedy to a new feature length movie, In Love with Alma Cogan, which was filmed on the pier.
You may also want to watch:
He is joined by comedian Dave Mac, a popular cruise and holiday camp entertainer, whose showbiz teeth were cut while serving in the RAF at Wyton near Huntingdon.
The singers are Dale Page, returning to North Norfolk having been Aladdin in last year's Sheringham Little Theatre pantomime, and Lulu Alexandra, who as well as being an experienced performer on stage is also a professional sports model and figure skater.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
The dancers are Beth Leanne, Jo Schofield, Kirsty James, Daniel Gilvargas and Michael McWilliam.
The pier's festive show is now it its sixth year. It runs from December 3 to 31 for 46 performances.
The Kids Go Free deal (limited to two children, aged 16 and under, per full paying adult) is during the school holidays from Saturday 17 until the end of the run.
General admission tickets are �10. Contact the box office on 01263 512495.