WATCH: Stunning drone footage of Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks
- Credit: BlueSky UAV
The new year started with a bang on the north Norfolk coast as the Cromer Fireworks dazzled the crowds and the display was captured in all its glory by drone.
Over 10,000 people gathered in the town on Wednesday night as more than 3,000 fireworks were fired from Cromer Pier over the North Sea to mark the start of 2020 in style.
You can now relive the display all over again, this time with a different view, thanks to local company Blue Sky who captured it by drone after being granted a license from North Norfolk District Council.
James Horne, director of Blue Sky UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) Specialists, said: "This is the fourth year we have done it and we do it for free as it helps promote Cromer and is a big event for the town.
"You get a unique perspective as generally people see it from the ground but from the air it is different and you couldn't normally film there as you need a license."
You may also want to watch:
The display, created by Titanium Fireworks, was back for its 21st year and there was also a torchlight procession and family fun run, organised by the North Norfolk Beach Runners, earlier in the day.
You can donate to the Cromer New Year's Day Fireworks, which goes towards funding next year's event and local charities and organisations, on their JustGiving page.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts