WATCH: Stunning drone footage of Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks
- Credit: BlueSky UAV
The new year started with a bang on the north Norfolk coast as the Cromer Fireworks dazzled the crowds and the display was captured in all its glory by drone.
Over 10,000 people gathered in the town on Wednesday night as more than 3,000 fireworks were fired from Cromer Pier over the North Sea to mark the start of 2020 in style.
You can now relive the display all over again, this time with a different view, thanks to local company Blue Sky who captured it by drone after being granted a license from North Norfolk District Council.
James Horne, director of Blue Sky UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) Specialists, said: "This is the fourth year we have done it and we do it for free as it helps promote Cromer and is a big event for the town.
"You get a unique perspective as generally people see it from the ground but from the air it is different and you couldn't normally film there as you need a license."
You may also want to watch:
The display, created by Titanium Fireworks, was back for its 21st year and there was also a torchlight procession and family fun run, organised by the North Norfolk Beach Runners, earlier in the day.
You can donate to the Cromer New Year's Day Fireworks, which goes towards funding next year's event and local charities and organisations, on their JustGiving page.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash