Cowardy Custard expected to delight
Phoenix Opera's production of Cowardy Custard is expected to delight audiences when it takes to the stage at Norwich Playhouse on November 30 and December 1.
Phoenix Opera's production last year of an Evening of Offenbach was described in the EDP review as “a delightful evening of entertainment”.
This year's production of Cowardy Custard is expected to delight audiences once again when it takes to the stage at Norwich Playhouse on November 30 and December 1.
Phoenix Opera will be sharing proceeds from the performances with the EDP's Royal Norfolk Regiment Appeal and Nelson's Journey which helps children who have suffered bereavement.
Devised in 1972 as a celebration of Coward's work in words and music it has been a popular choice for many companies to perform. It captures the composer's masterful touch for blending wit, romance and melody.
You may also want to watch:
Musical director Eric James and stage director Trevor Thurston will join forces to bring a fast-moving miscellany of well known and loved numbers such as Mad Dogs and Englishmen and I'll See You Again.
There will be an evening performance on each day and a matinee at 2.30pm on the Saturday which is ideal for people who do not wish to turn out in the evening for a theatre performance.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
Tickets are £10 and they are available by calling 01603 436510.