Cowardy Custard expected to delight
Phoenix Opera's production of Cowardy Custard is expected to delight audiences when it takes to the stage at Norwich Playhouse on November 30 and December 1.
Phoenix Opera's production last year of an Evening of Offenbach was described in the EDP review as “a delightful evening of entertainment”.
This year's production of Cowardy Custard is expected to delight audiences once again when it takes to the stage at Norwich Playhouse on November 30 and December 1.
Phoenix Opera will be sharing proceeds from the performances with the EDP's Royal Norfolk Regiment Appeal and Nelson's Journey which helps children who have suffered bereavement.
Devised in 1972 as a celebration of Coward's work in words and music it has been a popular choice for many companies to perform. It captures the composer's masterful touch for blending wit, romance and melody.
Musical director Eric James and stage director Trevor Thurston will join forces to bring a fast-moving miscellany of well known and loved numbers such as Mad Dogs and Englishmen and I'll See You Again.
There will be an evening performance on each day and a matinee at 2.30pm on the Saturday which is ideal for people who do not wish to turn out in the evening for a theatre performance.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
Tickets are £10 and they are available by calling 01603 436510.