Costume and textile event at Wolterton Hall has 1950s theme
The 1950s is the theme of this year's Costume and Textile Fair being staged at Wolterton Hall this weekend, September 15 and 16.
The era of retro chic being showcased by hosts Lord and Lady Walpole also marries in with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and features a Coronation Corner.
It will feature memorabilia from the 1953 coronation and a display of the robes worn by Lady Walpole's mother-in-law when she attended the regal event.
The 12th annual fair includes stalls selling vintage clothes, textiles and jewellery, and displays of knitting, crochet crafts and 1950s textiles. There will also be a 1950s fashion show. Most of the clothes being modelled in the fashion show have been donated by the Sheringham Community Wardrobe, which is run by volunteers.
The event raises funds for a variety of causes, which have ranged from the lifeboats and blind to a Cambodian children's hospital and Great Ormond Street children's hospital.
Last year more than �2,000 helped with the new Bridewell Museum in Norwich, which re-opened last month after a �1.5m refurbishment.
As part of the fair this year an appeal has been made for home-made home comforts to sell on one of the stalls, which is raising money for the Rosemary Group, a Norfolk group for women with secondary cancer.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
Enquiries about the fair should be made to Mannington and Wolterton Estate on 01263 584175/768444, or via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rosemary Group can be contacted on 07766851178 or via the Big C Centre at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on 01603 286112.
As usual, an Organic Garden Day is also taking place at the hall on Sunday September 16.