Costume and textile event at Wolterton Hall has 1950s theme
The 1950s is the theme of this year's Costume and Textile Fair being staged at Wolterton Hall this weekend, September 15 and 16.
The era of retro chic being showcased by hosts Lord and Lady Walpole also marries in with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and features a Coronation Corner.
It will feature memorabilia from the 1953 coronation and a display of the robes worn by Lady Walpole's mother-in-law when she attended the regal event.
The 12th annual fair includes stalls selling vintage clothes, textiles and jewellery, and displays of knitting, crochet crafts and 1950s textiles. There will also be a 1950s fashion show. Most of the clothes being modelled in the fashion show have been donated by the Sheringham Community Wardrobe, which is run by volunteers.
The event raises funds for a variety of causes, which have ranged from the lifeboats and blind to a Cambodian children's hospital and Great Ormond Street children's hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Last year more than �2,000 helped with the new Bridewell Museum in Norwich, which re-opened last month after a �1.5m refurbishment.
As part of the fair this year an appeal has been made for home-made home comforts to sell on one of the stalls, which is raising money for the Rosemary Group, a Norfolk group for women with secondary cancer.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
Enquiries about the fair should be made to Mannington and Wolterton Estate on 01263 584175/768444, or via the email address email@example.com.
The Rosemary Group can be contacted on 07766851178 or via the Big C Centre at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on 01603 286112.
As usual, an Organic Garden Day is also taking place at the hall on Sunday September 16.