Concert tells Queen’s story
A singing bishop, brass band and dancers are among the highlights of a Diamond Jubilee gala concert being staged at Aylsham this weekend.
The Bishop of Lynn, the Rt Rev Jonathan Meyrick, is the narrator during the event but - as previously reported - will also join the singing.
Among the songs her will perform is a specially-penned patriotic piece called the Diamond Jubilee Waltz.
It was written by Mr Barratt, a professional singer from Happisburgh who has performed around the world, and is also a trombonist in the Aylsham Band.
The song will have its debut when the pair take to the stage in the Saturday June 9 concert in the parish church which Mr Barratt describes as a 'high class variety show' telling the Queen's story through musical and dance performances.
You may also want to watch:
Other acts include the Miller Centre Dancers, Jubilee Singers, and Charlie Caine on piano.
The gala concert is being held at Aylsham Parish Church from 7.30pm. Tickets cost �7, including refreshments, and are available from James the Barber in Aylsham market place on 01263 732445.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock