Competition for children to design Little Red Riding Hood’s cloak for Norwich show
- Credit: supplied by The Garage
Little Red Riding Hood is set to take to the stage at The Garage in Norwich this Christmas, and children are being given the chance to design the fairy tale character's cloak.
The Garage and theatre company All-In Productions have launched a competition for youngsters to send in their design ideas, and the winner will see their creation worn on stage by the title character in the show My First Panto: Little Red Riding Hood. They will also receive a miniature keepsake cloak, a goodie bag and a family ticket to the show which runs from December 1 to 29.
The competition is open to children aged three to seven, and it follows on from last year's competition in which children were asked to design Cinderella's dress for My First Panto: Cinderella. More than 100 children entered the Cinderella competition, and Eva Collishaw-Briggs won with a beautiful blue gown decorated with glitter, feathers, lace and a bow.
My First Panto director Daniel Burgess said: 'As The My First Panto family were so impressed with the designs for Cinderella's dress we need your help again to design Little Red Riding Hood's cloak. We looking for something very impressive this year, so let your imaginations go wild with glitter, feather, jewels and fur...and maybe just a touch of red!'
The interactive show My First Panto: Little Red Riding Hood - based on the classic fairy tale of what happens when Little Red Riding Hood heads into the forest to visit her grandma - has been created especially for children aged 18 months to five-years-old.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Burgess said 'This year we are making the show even more interactive than last year. There will be singing, dancing, children will be making treats for Granny and not forgetting scaring spiders, while Red and the children make their way through the forest.'
Children can enter the competition to create Little Red Riding Hood's cloak by putting their designs on the cloak template which can be downloaded from www.thegarage.org.ukTemplates can also be picked up from The Garage, in Chapel Field North, Norwich.
Entries should be send to Cloak Competition, The Garage, 14 Chapel Field North, Norwich, NR2 1NY or dropped in to The Garage. The deadline for entries is Monday, October 30.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
The show is at The Garage from December 1 to 29. To book tickets, visit www.thegarage.org.uk or call 01603 598646.