Comic twist on aviation pioneers at Sheringham Little Theatre
Plucky pioneering aviators Alcock and Brown are at the centre of a comic romp flying into Shernigham next week.
Those Magnificent Men tells the tale of Captain John Alcock, dashing first world fighter pilot, and Lieutenant Arthur Whitten Brown, navigational genius with a gammy leg, as they convert a Vickers Vimuy biplane and huddle together in a race to fly the Atlantic.
The show is by the New Perspectives company now doing a national tour following a run at the 2011 Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Audiences can tap into the adventuring spirit of the unlikely heroes, marvel at their daredevil aerial antics, and wonder at how the whole bally thing is told with just two actors and a crate full of funny props.
The duo are played by Richard Earl, returning to Sheringham after visiting with the 2010 summer rep, and Ian Shaw.
You may also want to watch:
The show is at Sheringham Little Theatre on Wednesday October 12 at 7.30pm. Tickets �12, students �8 from the box office on 01263 822347.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project