Civil War battle restaged
IAN CLARKE Park Farm at Swanton Morley, near Dereham, will host a three-day Civil War event featuring a 17th century-style village and battle.
The cannons will roar, the pikes will clash and the musket fire will be heard as the English Civil War era is re-created in Mid Norfolk.
Park Farm at Swanton Morley, near Dereham, will host a three-day event featuring the Sealed Knot organisation, which will set up a 17th century-style village and re-enact a battle.
Schools are being invited for sessions on Friday September 9, noon-3pm, and youngsters will have a look at the village and be shown authentic skills from the period.
On Saturday September 10 and Sunday September 11, people will be able to visit to see the village and then watch an hour-long battle each day from 2pm.
Up to 600 characters will be taking part in the re-enact-ment.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
Over the weekend there will be a licensed bar, refreshments, children's attractions and vintage farm machinery.
Admission is £2.50 adults, £1.50 under-14s with under- fives free.
Further details on 01362 637457.