Civil War battle restaged
IAN CLARKE Park Farm at Swanton Morley, near Dereham, will host a three-day Civil War event featuring a 17th century-style village and battle.
The cannons will roar, the pikes will clash and the musket fire will be heard as the English Civil War era is re-created in Mid Norfolk.
Park Farm at Swanton Morley, near Dereham, will host a three-day event featuring the Sealed Knot organisation, which will set up a 17th century-style village and re-enact a battle.
Schools are being invited for sessions on Friday September 9, noon-3pm, and youngsters will have a look at the village and be shown authentic skills from the period.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday September 10 and Sunday September 11, people will be able to visit to see the village and then watch an hour-long battle each day from 2pm.
Up to 600 characters will be taking part in the re-enact-ment.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
Over the weekend there will be a licensed bar, refreshments, children's attractions and vintage farm machinery.
Admission is £2.50 adults, £1.50 under-14s with under- fives free.
Further details on 01362 637457.