Circus fun and epic operas in store at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: Maurice Korbel
Two epic opera productions, a circus spectacle and a master illusionist are among the new shows announced today as part of Norwich Theatre Royal's 2014 line-up.
One of Europe's most renowned opera companies, Theater Freiburg, is to perform two operas by the German composer Wagner as part of Wagnerfest at the venue from July 23 to 28 next year. Based on medieval legend, the opera Parsifal follows the story of knights guarding two priceless relics while the opera Tannhäuser is described as an epic tale of passionate love, loss and drama.
Meanwhile from January 20 to 25, Les Dennis and Claire Goose will be among the cast to star in the stage adaptation of Peter James' novel, The Perfect Murder.
From February 13 to 15, jugglers, acrobats, musicians and death-defying stuntmen join forces in the circus spectacular Cirque Berzerk which has enjoyed three sell-out seasons in London's Hyde Park.
Among the one-night shows announced are: The Classic Rock Show, celebrating the likes of The Eagles, Led Zeppelin and Elton John, on February 10; Essence of Ireland, a story of love, happiness and heartache told through music and dance, on March 3; and top-class illusionist Jamie Allan's one-man show iMagician on March 5.
You may also want to watch:
John Bultitude, from Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Whether it is the lavish scale of Wagnerfest, the excitement of stunts and illusions, the power of a brand new murder-mystery or the hype surrounding some exciting musical shows, 2014 is shaping up to be a year to remember at Norwich Theatre Royal.'
Visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall