Christmas event at Wells
IAN CLARKE Spectacular displays by fire dancers, Father Christmas arriving by boat and a mussel cooking competition are among the attractions being lined up in the Christmas tide event at Wells.
Spectacular displays by fire dancers, Father Christmas arriving by boat and a mussel cooking competition are among the attractions being lined up in the Christmas tide event at Wells.
More than nine hours of entertainment are in store on Saturday December 16 as festive celebrations get into full swing in the North Norfolk coastal town.
Yesterday, the Thundermental fire dancing group showed off some of their routines as organisers promoted the event.
They will be among the array of performers on the Quay at Wells Christmas Tide and will give a fire show at 6.30pm.
There will also be fairground rides, a quarter peel from the parish church, a carol procession, a talent show and a fireworks finale.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 5 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 10 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
One of the highlights is certain to be the arrival of Santa, who is entering the Quay on a boat and will then climb on to the Albatros clipper before walking the plank to get into the crowds.
For more details see the website: www.wellschristmastide.org.uk.