Christmas event at Wells
IAN CLARKE Spectacular displays by fire dancers, Father Christmas arriving by boat and a mussel cooking competition are among the attractions being lined up in the Christmas tide event at Wells.
Spectacular displays by fire dancers, Father Christmas arriving by boat and a mussel cooking competition are among the attractions being lined up in the Christmas tide event at Wells.
More than nine hours of entertainment are in store on Saturday December 16 as festive celebrations get into full swing in the North Norfolk coastal town.
Yesterday, the Thundermental fire dancing group showed off some of their routines as organisers promoted the event.
You may also want to watch:
They will be among the array of performers on the Quay at Wells Christmas Tide and will give a fire show at 6.30pm.
There will also be fairground rides, a quarter peel from the parish church, a carol procession, a talent show and a fireworks finale.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 3 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
One of the highlights is certain to be the arrival of Santa, who is entering the Quay on a boat and will then climb on to the Albatros clipper before walking the plank to get into the crowds.
For more details see the website: www.wellschristmastide.org.uk.