Chocolholic heaven at Roald Dahl day in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
Chocoholics should head for North Walsham this Saturday, September 13, to indulge their passion at Roald Dahl Day events in the town's Atrium arts centre.
A pop-up chocolate factory in the Spenser Avenue building will give families with children aged two to eight the chance to make their own Wonka chocolate bar.
The event will take place in The Atrium's cookery suite from 9.30am-10.30am followed by an 11am showing, for all-comers, of the 1971 version of the film Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, based on Dahl's famous book.
It stars Gene Wilder as the eccentric Mr Wonka and features the memorable Oompa Loompa songs.
There will be a 'scrumdiddlyumptious supply of chocolate' for the person judged to be wearing the best fancy-dress based on a Dahl character.
You may also want to watch:
The cookery workshop, which must be pre-booked, costs £6 per child, accompanying adults free, and includes all ingredients.
Film tickets can be pre-booked or bought on the day. They cost £3, accompanying adults free.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
To book visit organisers Arts North Norfolk's website at www.artsnorthnorfolk.org, call 01692 218060, email firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into No 1 Market Place, North Walsham.