Chaos reigns in next Sheringham summer rep drama offering
- Credit: Archant
Chaos, confusion and comedy in the shape of Tom, Dick and Harry is the next treat to be served up by Sheringham Little Theatre's summer rep.
Tom and his wife are desperate to adopt a baby. When the officious lady from the adoption agency is due to visit their home, Tom's well-meaning siblings decide to help make a good impression. This does not bode well for the couple as Dick has hidden illegally procured alcohol and cigarettes in the property and Harry happens to be in possession of a corpse.
When Dick's smuggling takes an unexpected turn and the police get involved, matters go from bad to worse. The ensuing confusion and complications have all the ingredients of a classic British farce.
The show, written by father and son team Ray and Michael Cooney, and directed by Simon Thompson, runs from Thursday August 8 to Saturday August 17.
Mr Thompson said the play was twice the length of other farces he had directed but 'because it moves at such a speed, it takes about the same amount of time.'
The play does also touched on a number of topical issues, such as smuggling people into the country and house prices.
'Because this is summer rep, we will have just a week to learn it and the staging is not going to be easy because of some of the situations that occur.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
'I am sure the audience will enjoy it hugely. It is a fantastic farce and I know people will find it incredibly funny.'
For more information and tickets visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com or call 01263 822347.