Cawston pub art event boosts Sue Ryder charity
An art event at the Ratcatchers pub in Cawston this weekend, featuring the work of local man Phil Daniels, is helping the Sue Ryder charity.
A exhibition of paintings and demonstrations by Mr Daniels, whose work has been show at the Mall Gallery in London, is supporting the cause which supports people with life-changing illnesses.
Mr Daniels, a cancer sufferer himself who lost his mother to the disease three years ago, is also raffling off a new limited print of a baby tiger for the cause.
A meal for two at the pub is also among the prizes over the September 24-25 weekend, when Phil will also be painting and demonstrating with a 'have a go' tuition' which is open to all ages.
Ratcatchers owner Peter McCarter said: "This is a wonderful opportunity to own one of Phil's originals, many of the paintings are at a quarter of their normal price, with donations going to this wonderful charity".
The exhibition will be open both days from 10am to 5pm.
Sue Ryder area fund-raising manager Dawne Hart said: 'We are very grateful for the support that has been shown to Sue Ryder and every penny that is raised will help us to provide compassionate care for people living with complex medical conditions.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
For further information about Sue Ryder visit www.sueryder.org or search for Sue Ryder - The Chantry on Facebook and Twitter.