Bungay celebrates the big Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Bungay has got into the festive spirit after the town's Christmas lights were switched on.
At 5pm on Friday, Mayor John Adams did the honours and pushed the button to illuminate the streets.
The switch-on event was enjoyed by many and there was lots of entertainment on offer, including a performance form the Castle Singers.
Children also got the chance to meet two reindeers at the castle.
Anthony Dawes, the chair of the Christmas lights committee said: "We've been really looking forward to brightening up the town and to start getting ready for Christmas.
"Last year's switch-on was a low key affair but this year we are back into the normal swing of things.
"We were hoping to upgrade the lights but unfortunately the new set is currently stuck in the middle of the ocean on a ship somewhere."
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 9 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 10 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds