Boosting youngsters’ confidence is child’s play at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Flat Pack Productions
A fun children's drama delves into the reason words disappear off the tip of your tongue.
And for the trio staging The Sentence Snatchers, their visit to the Sheringham Little Theatre is a 'homecoming ' to the county where they met.
Director Gwen Hanauer and cast members Jonathan Cobb and Sophie McKenzie formed Flat Pack Productions in 2013 while studying English and drama at the UEA.
The play follows a determined young girl called Frank who has a terrible fear of speaking. But when a mysterious figure offers her a deal to take those nerves away, everything changes.
Trapped in a 'contract' where even the clauses have claws and the Syn-Tax is far too expensive, she must go on a big adventure, across lexical fields and letter seas, to defeat her fear and take back her voice from the sneaky Sentence Snatchers.
You may also want to watch:
The imagination exploding family fun performance for six to 12 year olds but which can also be enjoyed by adults, is jam packed with puppets, music and magical storytelling.
The show was nominated for the International Youth Arts Festival's Best Family Show award in Brighton, where it premiered last year, and is in now on tour in Norfolk and Suffolk, supported by Creative Arts East.
It comes to Sheringham Little Theatre in north Norfolk on February 11. Tickets for the 2.30pm performance are £6 through the box office 01263 822347 or website www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named