Time for fun as Bongo’s Bingo launches in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Buckle up your dancing shoes and get ready to jump and jive as the party bingo that has been sweeping the nation arrives in the city.
Bongo's Bingo is set to launch at Epic Studios in Magdalen Street on Saturday, October 5 and features dance-offs, rave intervals and plenty of heckling.
The latest launch in the city follows the success of the event at Ocean Room in Gorleston-on-Sea and it is also held in cities including London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Whether you're celebrating sweet 16 or naughty 40, the event is for all ages and includes a guilty pleasures soundtrack and prizes from a pink unicorn to Phillip Schofield cardboard cut-out.
Jonny Bongo, who co-founded Bongo's Bingo, said: "Myself and my business partner Joshua Burke started it in April 2015 in Liverpool.
You may also want to watch:
"We never really knew where it would take us, we literally just wanted to do something different.
"It's quintessentially bingo but we have amped it up just a little bit shall we say - everyone is dancing on the benches going mad one minute, then it's silence again as we play the bingo.
READ MORE: Breaking Bad-themed burger takeaway set to open in Norwich pub"It could be 80s and 90s power ballads and hands in the air, then S Club the next, then Guns and Roses."
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
The pair decided to create the event as they realised people were "bored" with normal nights out in clubs and wanted to create an immersive experience.
They have also run Bongo's Bingo Events in other European cities, Dubai and Australia.
Jonny added: "It's about escapism and nostalgia, it is having a rave to bangers with your mates then playing bingo, then dancing on the benches, then someone is dancing on stage to win their prize."
Ticket holders will also be given free entry to the after party at Epic Studios which will continue into the early hours.
Doors open at 6pm on October 5 and the show starts at 8pm with tickets available from £9 at bongosbingo.co.uk