Blood Red Shoes at the Waterfront
Colin Wilson Wombatwombat presents Blood Red Shoes at the Waterfront, Norwich, on Tuesday (7.30pm). The Brighton duo are one of the music industry's hottest tips for 2008 and the tour is to promote their debut album Box of Secrets.
Wombatwombat presents Blood Red Shoes at the Waterfront, Norwich, on Tuesday (7.30pm).
The Brighton duo - Laura-Mary Carter (guitar/vocals) and Steven Ansell (drums) -are one of the music industry's hottest tips for 2008 and the tour is to promote their debut album Box of Secrets which is released on April 14 through V2 Records.
The duo's thrillingly intense, melodic dancefloor punk is a rare invigorating aural and visual treat, which makes Blood Red Shoes unmissable and one of the world's most exciting boy/girl bands.
The album's influences range from early PJ Harvey through to the Pixies and features the forthcoming single Say Something, Say Anything which is released on April 7.
Main support comes from These New Puritans (also known as TNPS). Barely out of their teens, TNPS enigmatic fusion of electronica, piercing riffs, the chill of dubstep and post-punk modernism mesmerise, scintillate and challenge their listener in equal measure. The band release their new single Swords of Truth on April 28 through Angular Recordings.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
Local gals Violet Violet, who are signed to NR ONE Records, open the show and will be serving up a sneak preview of their May-released gatefold seven-inch EP, Bring! Bring! the Morn and Bike Till Dawn.
This gig is for ages 14-plus only.
Tickets for this event are available from Norwich Arts Centre (01603 660352), Soundclash Records and on the door (£7adv; £8door).
t Blood Red Shoes play the Junction, Cambridge, (01223 511511) on Sunday April 6.