Blickling Estate Spring Fair to celebrate traditional and modern crafts
- Credit: citizenside.com
Fortune telling, archery, ancient craft demonstrations and falconry will be some of the attractions at a spring fair this weekend.
The event, on the historic Blickling Estate, will happen between Saturday May 24-Monday May 26 from 10.15am-4.30pm.
As well as the ancient traditions, modern crafts will also be on show and for sale from pewter and jewellery making to locally produced beer and cider.
Entertainment will be provided by Holt Ridge Morris Dancers and the Fools Puppet Theatre Companie.
Following on from the success of the RAF Day last year, Ian Pycroft and his team at Black Knight Historical re-enactment group will be bringing history to life by exploring the stories of the village fair.
Families will also be able to enjoy modern day treasure at the fair when a geocache trail will be launched.
Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices, such as mobile phones, to find a container and object in a hidden location using co-ordinates.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
The fair will cost £3 for adults (including trust members) and children under 14 go free.
Visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/blickling or call 01263 738030 for more details.