Birdcage prepares to hold X-Factor auditions
TV scouts are to visit a Norwich pub to search for the next big singer to feature on this year's X-Factor.
Talented singers will be hoping to get their big break when the Birdcage plays host to X-Factor auditions on Sunday, April 5.
Those that impress will be fast-tracked to perform at auditions in front of the judges on a later date.
Lauren Gregory, owner of the Birdcage, in Pottergate, said: 'We are only able to hold nominations for up to 70 people, so it is essential people get their name down quickly so they don't miss what could be a golden opportunity.
'Everybody will be given five minutes to impress the judges, and it is a nice feeling that ITV got in touch with us and wanted to hold their auditions here on our open mic night.
'It is a great place for them to come and see some fresh new talent and we've seen people come here for open mic nights in the past who have a really good voice and could do quite well.
'It will be a very exciting lovely evening and hopefully we will see the start of the winner's path in the Birdcage.'
- 1 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 2 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
Several singers from Norfolk have proved a hit in competitions such as this, with Ronan Parke, from Poringland, placing second in the Britain's Got Talent final in 2011 and Sam Kelly, from Spixworth, reaching the final a year later.
People must be 16 or over to apply and the event will run at the Birdcage between 7 and 11pm. Spots are limited so to guarantee an audition email email@example.com