Birdcage prepares to hold X-Factor auditions
TV scouts are to visit a Norwich pub to search for the next big singer to feature on this year's X-Factor.
Talented singers will be hoping to get their big break when the Birdcage plays host to X-Factor auditions on Sunday, April 5.
Those that impress will be fast-tracked to perform at auditions in front of the judges on a later date.
Lauren Gregory, owner of the Birdcage, in Pottergate, said: 'We are only able to hold nominations for up to 70 people, so it is essential people get their name down quickly so they don't miss what could be a golden opportunity.
'Everybody will be given five minutes to impress the judges, and it is a nice feeling that ITV got in touch with us and wanted to hold their auditions here on our open mic night.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a great place for them to come and see some fresh new talent and we've seen people come here for open mic nights in the past who have a really good voice and could do quite well.
'It will be a very exciting lovely evening and hopefully we will see the start of the winner's path in the Birdcage.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Several singers from Norfolk have proved a hit in competitions such as this, with Ronan Parke, from Poringland, placing second in the Britain's Got Talent final in 2011 and Sam Kelly, from Spixworth, reaching the final a year later.
People must be 16 or over to apply and the event will run at the Birdcage between 7 and 11pm. Spots are limited so to guarantee an audition email email@example.com