Street food event to be held in Norwich Castle gardens every weekend this summer
A new street food event will be taking over the Norwich Castle gardens every Saturday this summer.
Run by the Castle Mall and Feast on the Street, The Big Banquet will feature food stalls and entertainment from local performers each week.
The first event on May 5 is set to include food stalls from Natural Born Grillers, Namaste, Vettes Veggie van, Birch Catering, Wraps and
The foodie event will be held every Saturday, except July 7 due to the Lord Mayor's celebration, from May 5 until August 25 with the stalls open from 12pm to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
BT Sport presenter Jake Humphrey is already a fan of the event and urged the people of Norwich to support it.
He tweeted: 'Love this. People of Norwich get involved and support initiatives like this that make the city even better.'
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
Feast on the Street is a collective group set up by street food traders in Norwich and its first event took place in 2013 as part of the Norwich and Norfolk Food and Drink Festival.