Ben Howard Review: ‘A shy but talented schoolboy’
Ben Howard's pace may be slow - but his Big Weekend set was something special.
Following on from loud and engaging Charli XCX, Ben Howard was like a shy but talented schoolboy.
Perhaps better suited to a more intimate venue, still the main stage crowd swayed and swooned to his hit tunes.
There was no 'hello Norwich' or really any interaction with fans.
But the likes of 'Wolves' and 'I forget where we were' reminded fans why Ben Howard is so loved.
You may also want to watch:
His voice and guitar-playing lays bare his raw talent and passion for what he does.
The performance was solid - but music-goers could have done with a little more energy to get them in the festival spirit.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
•What did you make of Ben Howard's performance? Leave your comments below.