Beauty and the Beast Christmas show in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
Families will be able to enjoy the beloved fairy tale featuring adventure, magic and romance this Christmas in North Walsham.
Beauty and the Beast at the Atrium theatre, on the grounds of North Walsham High School on Spenser Avenue, starts on Thursday December 11 and finishes on Saturday December 13.
The show will take audiences to a land where a prince has been put under a spell by an evil witch, where only true love can break it.
The show had professional actors taking the lead roles, with Krissi Kitson playing Beauty, Joseph Ballard playing the beast and Roy Gould playing Walter, who is Beauty's father.
They are supported by talented young actors Paige Miller as the fairy and Colin Cushion, who will be playing a different comedy cameo roles. The Atrium's drama club members will be taking part as the children of the enchanted village who will help Beauty defeat the witch.
Joseph Ballard, who has written and directed the show, said: 'Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to come and support your local theatre. With audience interaction, foot-tapping songs and the gags, we promise an enchanting show that has been made in and for North Walsham.'
The show is on at 7pm on Thursday, 7.30pm on Friday, and 2pm and 7pm on Saturday.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 9 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 10 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
Tickets cost £9 for adults, and £6 for children and concessions. A family ticket deal (for four people) costs £27.
The Atrium theatre will also be hosting Christmas Stories and Sing-a-long on Friday 19 December 19 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6.
It will include a night of well-known seasonal songs, stories, laughter and good old-fashioned entertainment.
The Atrium is part of Arts North Norfolk, which puts on a range of entertainment throughout North Walsham.
For details about events or to book tickets visit www.artsnorthnorfolk.org, call 01692 218060, email email@example.com or visit No. 1 Market Place, North Walsham, open from Wednesdays to Saturdays, 9.30am to 1.30pm.