Beauty and the Beast Christmas show in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
Families will be able to enjoy the beloved fairy tale featuring adventure, magic and romance this Christmas in North Walsham.
Beauty and the Beast at the Atrium theatre, on the grounds of North Walsham High School on Spenser Avenue, starts on Thursday December 11 and finishes on Saturday December 13.
The show will take audiences to a land where a prince has been put under a spell by an evil witch, where only true love can break it.
The show had professional actors taking the lead roles, with Krissi Kitson playing Beauty, Joseph Ballard playing the beast and Roy Gould playing Walter, who is Beauty's father.
They are supported by talented young actors Paige Miller as the fairy and Colin Cushion, who will be playing a different comedy cameo roles. The Atrium's drama club members will be taking part as the children of the enchanted village who will help Beauty defeat the witch.
You may also want to watch:
Joseph Ballard, who has written and directed the show, said: 'Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to come and support your local theatre. With audience interaction, foot-tapping songs and the gags, we promise an enchanting show that has been made in and for North Walsham.'
The show is on at 7pm on Thursday, 7.30pm on Friday, and 2pm and 7pm on Saturday.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
Tickets cost £9 for adults, and £6 for children and concessions. A family ticket deal (for four people) costs £27.
The Atrium theatre will also be hosting Christmas Stories and Sing-a-long on Friday 19 December 19 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6.
It will include a night of well-known seasonal songs, stories, laughter and good old-fashioned entertainment.
The Atrium is part of Arts North Norfolk, which puts on a range of entertainment throughout North Walsham.
For details about events or to book tickets visit www.artsnorthnorfolk.org, call 01692 218060, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit No. 1 Market Place, North Walsham, open from Wednesdays to Saturdays, 9.30am to 1.30pm.