Bearsuit preview new indie pop songs
COLIN WILSON Fresh out of hiding, Norwich six-piece Bearsuit bring a whole heap of brand-spanking-new pop songs from their forthcoming third album OH:IO (out on September 10 on Fantastic Plastic Records) to Norwich Arts Centre this Saturday.
Fresh out of hiding, Norwich six-piece Bearsuit bring a whole heap of brand-spanking-new pop songs from their forthcoming third album OH:IO (out on September 10 on Fantastic Plastic Records) to Norwich Arts Centre this Saturday, August 25 (8pm).
The gig is also to launch Bearsuit's new single More Soul Than Wigan Casino which was released on Monday. More Soul….. was Pick Of The Week in The Guardian Guide (August 11) where Pete Cashmore raved about its “berserk…entirely eccentric call-and-response hoohas” and finished by dubbing it “entirely brilliant”.
Already championed by the likes of Steve Lamacq, Huw Stevens, Phill Jupitus, the NME, Artrocker, The Guardian and Plan B, the six-piece are making a name for themselves with their unique brand of shouty-pop-fun. With a live show including flute, guitars, keyboards, samples, cornet, singing, bells, accordion, theremin, drums, and a keytar plus a variety of outlandish stage gear - blood-soaked prom dresses, marching bands, 'nurses of death' outfits, spacemen and silver bear-bot wear to name but a few - Bearsuit are certainly a band to catch live!
Main support comes from Portsmouth five-piece The Strange Death Of Liberal England. The band released their debut album Forward March! in July and have paraded their live show supporting the likes of Maps, Of Montreal and the Manic Street Preachers. They also made an appearance at this year's Latitude Festival.
Opening the evening are le tetsuo off-shoot Chickedy & McGuffin.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 4 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 5 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 6 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 7 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
Box office 01603 660352. £5adv/£6door.