BBC Radio 1’s controller describes his pride in the Big Weekend being a “fantastic festival for the young people of Norwich”
The evening is drawing to a close but it feels like the best is still to come.
The crowd sang along to George Ezra's Budapest, while eager Taylor Swift fans have already began pushing their way to the event.
Their enthusiasm is testament to the fame of George Ezra, who seems to have sprung from nowhere, that fans packed out the ground in front of the stage.
Ben Cooper, Controller BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra, said, 'It's been a fantastic festival for the young people of Norwich, for Radio 1's listeners and the world class artists who have been amazing. I can't wait to see Taylor Swift and the Foo Fighters headline what's been an exciting weekend of live music from the BBC.'
The sun has come out and we are all hoping it will stay that way for Taylor Swift and Foo Fighters.
The happy faces of audience members young and old show this weekend is one not to forget.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 No queues at walk-in vaccine centre