Bargain Early Bird tickets on sale for summer’s Blickling proms night
- Credit: Archant
It is one of the biggest open-air events in Norfolk, and this year it returned by public demand.
But the proms weekend at Blickling Hall, near Aylsham, has proved so popular that next year, as well as returning to the National Trust site, it is being rolled out to three new venues across the country - Bolesworth Castle in Cheshire, Bowood House in Wiltshire and Knebworth House in Hertfordshire.
And the event previously known as the Last Night of the Blickling Proms is being rebranded The Great British Proms to celebrate.
The concert at Blickling, taking place on Saturday, August 12 2017, will be headlined by the National Symphony Orchestra which will be performing iconic music from all corners of the UK.
They will be joined on stage by Classical Brit Award-winning Welsh male vocal group Only Men Aloud and a Norfolk-based traditional pipe band as they embark on a musical journey incorporating some truly-rousing English classics including the 'Dambusters' March, to the Emerald Isle's Danny Boy, Welsh rugby favourite Bread of Heaven and Scottish greats including the Skye Boat Song.
You may also want to watch:
The second half of the show will see the National Symphony Orchestra, whose international reputation for excellence puts them in the top four orchestras in the UK, return to the stage to perform all the Proms favourites including Rule Britannia, Land of Hope and Glory and British anthem Jerusalem.
Lisa Ward, from organisers Revival Productions, said: 'It promises to be a celebratory evening featuring some of Britain's best artists and musicians.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Last summer's proms weekend, which was extended from one night to two to include the inaugural Classic Ibiza curtain-raiser, attracted thousands of revellers to Blickling.
With free parking for both coaches and cars, guests are invited to bring their picnics and champagne, wave their flags, sing along and soak up the atmosphere with friends in the outstanding Blickling Hall setting. The evening will conclude with a stunning fireworks finale over the lake, choreographed to the music.
A limited number of early bird tickets at a reduced price of £30 (£35 thereafter and £38 on the night) have gone on sale to ensure no-one misses out.
For more details and to book tickets log on to the event website - www.revival-productions.co.uk - or call the box office on 01630 674342.