Aylsham comedy production for Katie Piper Foundation
- Credit: Archant
The world of lingerie parties and beauty contests will be revealed in a charity production.
Two one-act plays, Smalls Talk and The Pageant, will be performed by the Aylsham Players at Aylsham Town Hall from Thursday July 17 until Saturday July 19 at 7.30pm.
Proceeds from the shows will go towards the Katie Piper Foundation which supports people living with burns and scars.
Smalls Talk, written by Clive and Sue Read, follows the story of Linda who is hosting a lingerie party.
Various ladies have been invited including the rather downtrodden Emma.
You may also want to watch:
The Pageant is a new comedy written by Becky Hilton giving a witty insight to the world of beauty contests.
It covers the third annual Miss Beauty of the Broads and after double booking herself show founder Sylvia draughts in Lillian, who is more at home organising the annual flower show, to help.
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 10 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
Two highly competitive pageant mothers, who hilariously vie for the judges attention, are somewhat taken aback with the arrival of a natural beauty who shuns the obligatory fake tan and false eyelashes.
With the awaited result of the crowning ceremony, stressed compere Derek Dubrow is pushed to the edge and there is a surprising end for the rival mothers.
Tickets cost £6 and can be bought from Barnwell's Newsagents, Market Place, Aylsham. For more information about the play or tickets call 01263 735915.
For details about the Katie Piper Foundation visit www.katiepiperfoundation.org.uk