Atrium Theatre in North Walsham showing The Theory of Everything
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham arts hub will be screening the blockbuster film The Theory of Everything tomorrow.
The British-made film about the life of theoretical physicist Prof Stephen Hawking will be shown at the Atrium Theatre on Spenser Avenue at 3.30pm and 7pm.
Starring multi-award winner Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones, the film is based on the memoir Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen, by Prof Hawking's first wife Jane Wilde.
The memoir and film is about her relationship with the scientist.
It also portrays Prof Hawking's life in the 1960s at Cambridge University when he was diagnosed with motor neuron disease.
You may also want to watch:
The film was nominated for four Oscars and Eddie Redmayne won best performance by an actor for his portrayal of the world famous physicist.
It also won numerous BAFTAs and Golden Globe awards.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
The Theory of Everything is being screened by North Walsham-based charity Arts North Norfolk. Joseph Ballard, Arts North Norfolk director, said: 'The Theory of Everything has been the most requested film to date. I think it's a great piece of drama that stands up to great testament – presenting the best of British film and faces.'
Tickets are £6 for adults and £5 for concessions, and tickets for the matinée screening include the film, a cup a of tea and slice of cake in the café from 2.30pm before the film.
For tickets and information about Arts North Norfolk events visit No. 1 Market Place, North Walsham (open Wednesday to Saturday), visit www.artsnorthnorfolk.org or call 01692 218060.