Atrium Theatre in North Walsham showing The Theory of Everything
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham arts hub will be screening the blockbuster film The Theory of Everything tomorrow.
The British-made film about the life of theoretical physicist Prof Stephen Hawking will be shown at the Atrium Theatre on Spenser Avenue at 3.30pm and 7pm.
Starring multi-award winner Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones, the film is based on the memoir Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen, by Prof Hawking's first wife Jane Wilde.
The memoir and film is about her relationship with the scientist.
It also portrays Prof Hawking's life in the 1960s at Cambridge University when he was diagnosed with motor neuron disease.
The film was nominated for four Oscars and Eddie Redmayne won best performance by an actor for his portrayal of the world famous physicist.
It also won numerous BAFTAs and Golden Globe awards.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights
The Theory of Everything is being screened by North Walsham-based charity Arts North Norfolk. Joseph Ballard, Arts North Norfolk director, said: 'The Theory of Everything has been the most requested film to date. I think it's a great piece of drama that stands up to great testament – presenting the best of British film and faces.'
Tickets are £6 for adults and £5 for concessions, and tickets for the matinée screening include the film, a cup a of tea and slice of cake in the café from 2.30pm before the film.
For tickets and information about Arts North Norfolk events visit No. 1 Market Place, North Walsham (open Wednesday to Saturday), visit www.artsnorthnorfolk.org or call 01692 218060.