Artlands Christmas Exhibition
ALISON CROOSE Artlands, Nelson Street, King's Lynn
Artlands, Nelson Street, King's Lynn
Sherie Nadoo and John Austen have created a Christmas wonder-land of visual arts with a cross-section of works to whet the appetite.
Contemporary paintings sit comfortably alongside work by artists of the Norwich School in the elegant and cosy domestic setting with textiles and sculpture adding to the depth of interest among some 100 items on show.
You may also want to watch:
Works of the 21st century include the vivid hues of acrylics by West Norfolk artist Ann Marie Ryan, and equally strong colours in paintings by Kevin Ryan. Janet Harker also uses vibrant colours for her silk wall hangings.
Especially fascinating are the sculptures in bronze by Mark Richard Hall who has created exquisite items such as plums and chestnuts which beg to be handled.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Dennis Hales has sculpted in wood and his apples, cherries and crab apples, which could be mistaken for the real thing, are displayed in beautiful little bowls made of gilded sycamore.
Turn the clock back to the 19th century and oils, watercolours, drawings and etchings by members of the Norwich School including Henry Bright, John Sell Cotman and James Sillett add to the fascinating display.
t The exhibition continues until December 21. Viewing is by appointment - call 01553 660128.