Artist to bring imaginary world of Ernest Hemmingway Mustard to Norwich
- Credit: Sam Toft � Artist, published by Collier and Dobson
Artist Sam Toft is bringing her Wonderful World of Mustard creations to Norwich.
Toft's quirky, colourful artwork is based on the imaginary world of Ernest Hemmingway Mustard.
Ernest is a 'professional tuneless hummer and part-time hurricane predictor' in Brighton, and his story includes his wife Violet and Jack Russell Doris.
Oil pastels and coloured inks are Toft's main media, and she uses unconventional tools such as cutlery, toothbrushes and her fingers to create soulful and endearing pieces.
Toft's visit to Norwich is part of a gallery tour to launch her new collection, featuring pieces such as 'Nice View, That', and 'Spots 'n' Flakes'.
You may also want to watch:
Originals, limited edition prints and sketches will be available, which Toft can sign.
The Wonderful World of Mustard will be at Norwich Frame Workshop and Gallery on Saturday November 4.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 6 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
For more information, contact Norwich Frame Workshop on 01603 616779, or visit them at 1 St. Benedicts Street, Norwich.
• Sam Toft's work can be found here.