Artist to bring imaginary world of Ernest Hemmingway Mustard to Norwich
- Credit: Sam Toft � Artist, published by Collier and Dobson
Artist Sam Toft is bringing her Wonderful World of Mustard creations to Norwich.
Toft's quirky, colourful artwork is based on the imaginary world of Ernest Hemmingway Mustard.
Ernest is a 'professional tuneless hummer and part-time hurricane predictor' in Brighton, and his story includes his wife Violet and Jack Russell Doris.
Oil pastels and coloured inks are Toft's main media, and she uses unconventional tools such as cutlery, toothbrushes and her fingers to create soulful and endearing pieces.
Toft's visit to Norwich is part of a gallery tour to launch her new collection, featuring pieces such as 'Nice View, That', and 'Spots 'n' Flakes'.
You may also want to watch:
Originals, limited edition prints and sketches will be available, which Toft can sign.
The Wonderful World of Mustard will be at Norwich Frame Workshop and Gallery on Saturday November 4.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police
For more information, contact Norwich Frame Workshop on 01603 616779, or visit them at 1 St. Benedicts Street, Norwich.
• Sam Toft's work can be found here.