Archive films of summer holidays to be screened at Sheringham Little Theatre
Summer holidays of the past are being brought to life again at a special film evening in Sheringham.
On Saturday April 7 Norwich Heart's Digital Heritage Project will screen a collection of archive film productions at the Little Theatre.
Showing lives on both sides of the Channel, the evening of nostalgia features films of East Anglia and Upper Normandy, which were shot during the early years of the last century.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'We are very excited about this evening of nostalgia, especially as holidays at home are becoming more popular. These clips will remind us of the simplicity and charm of English breaks.'
And she added: 'The Sheringham Little Theatre is continuing to focus on developing and broadening its film programme. We plan to convert to digital cinema later this year and to install a new screen forward of the stage so that films can still be shown when stage sets are in place.
You may also want to watch:
'This archive event promises to be extremely enjoyable and our hope is to be able to hold more film nights like it in the future.'
? Archive's French Connection is at 7.30pm, on Saturday April 7. For more information or for tickets please call 01263 822347.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach