All aboard for a weekend of heritage steam train fun in north Norfolk
- Credit: North Norfolk Railway,
Mighty steam locomotives from other parts of the county are about to come a'chugging in to be part of the North Norfolk Railway (NNR)'s Spring Steam Gala.
Visiting engines at the gala, which runs April 20-22 (Friday to Sunday), will be the Great Central Railway's Standard Class 2 (78018) and the Standard Class 4 Tank (80072) from the Llangollen Railway.
The visitors will run alongside the NNR's home fleet locomotives, with passenger services running all weekend between Sheringham and Holt stations.
Steam-hauled freight sets will be running and, new for this year, there will be the formation of a hauled parcels train.
Organisers say the event promises to be a 'fantastic weekend of heritage steam'.
You may also want to watch:
There are 'roving' day tickets available for the gala.
For more information or to book tickets for the weekend, visit www.nnrailway.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland