All aboard for a weekend of heritage steam train fun in north Norfolk
- Credit: North Norfolk Railway,
Mighty steam locomotives from other parts of the county are about to come a'chugging in to be part of the North Norfolk Railway (NNR)'s Spring Steam Gala.
Visiting engines at the gala, which runs April 20-22 (Friday to Sunday), will be the Great Central Railway's Standard Class 2 (78018) and the Standard Class 4 Tank (80072) from the Llangollen Railway.
The visitors will run alongside the NNR's home fleet locomotives, with passenger services running all weekend between Sheringham and Holt stations.
Steam-hauled freight sets will be running and, new for this year, there will be the formation of a hauled parcels train.
Organisers say the event promises to be a 'fantastic weekend of heritage steam'.
You may also want to watch:
There are 'roving' day tickets available for the gala.
For more information or to book tickets for the weekend, visit www.nnrailway.co.uk
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named