All aboard for a weekend of heritage steam train fun in north Norfolk
- Credit: North Norfolk Railway,
Mighty steam locomotives from other parts of the county are about to come a'chugging in to be part of the North Norfolk Railway (NNR)'s Spring Steam Gala.
Visiting engines at the gala, which runs April 20-22 (Friday to Sunday), will be the Great Central Railway's Standard Class 2 (78018) and the Standard Class 4 Tank (80072) from the Llangollen Railway.
The visitors will run alongside the NNR's home fleet locomotives, with passenger services running all weekend between Sheringham and Holt stations.
Steam-hauled freight sets will be running and, new for this year, there will be the formation of a hauled parcels train.
Organisers say the event promises to be a 'fantastic weekend of heritage steam'.
You may also want to watch:
There are 'roving' day tickets available for the gala.
For more information or to book tickets for the weekend, visit www.nnrailway.co.uk
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help