Affordable art by local artists comes to Norwich as new shop opens its doors
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to an art enthusiast, artwork created by local artists is now available to everyone.
Norwich Art Shop opened its doors yesterday and with pieces ranging from £1 to £1000 there is something for every price range.
Tom Potter, the project manager curator of the gallery-like shop in Upper Saint Giles, said: 'This is a place for artists to share their work and we wanted to be affordable. There is lots of talented artists in East Anglia that struggle to get into galleries so we are making it accessible here.
'It is great and we made our first sale in less than an hour so it is going well and we have had people coming in.'
With hundreds of prints available alongside originals, Mr Potter has brought affordable art to the high street just in time for visitors to indulge and buy special gifts for Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Art Shop is open from 11am until 4pm from Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears