Affordable art by local artists comes to Norwich as new shop opens its doors
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to an art enthusiast, artwork created by local artists is now available to everyone.
Norwich Art Shop opened its doors yesterday and with pieces ranging from £1 to £1000 there is something for every price range.
Tom Potter, the project manager curator of the gallery-like shop in Upper Saint Giles, said: 'This is a place for artists to share their work and we wanted to be affordable. There is lots of talented artists in East Anglia that struggle to get into galleries so we are making it accessible here.
'It is great and we made our first sale in less than an hour so it is going well and we have had people coming in.'
With hundreds of prints available alongside originals, Mr Potter has brought affordable art to the high street just in time for visitors to indulge and buy special gifts for Christmas.
Norwich Art Shop is open from 11am until 4pm from Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Controversial new speed camera to be reinstalled despite objections
- 2 Woman found dead at home described as 'calm' and friendly
- 3 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 4 Snow to fall in parts of England... but will it reach East Anglia?
- 5 First look inside north Norfolk's new £12.7m leisure centre
- 6 Clampdown sees drivers caught using A140 rat-run
- 7 Off-duty police officer attacked in Norwich pub car park
- 8 ‘I’m just embarrassed!’ - Range Rover driver on charity shop crash
- 9 Couple 'stunned' at surprise pregnancy - five weeks before giving birth
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in King's Lynn