A special area for Latitude teens
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Are you or is your child a teenager heading to this weekend's Latitude Festival and looking for some exciting ways to spend your time?
If so the Norwich-based arts charity Cultureworks East and Access To Music are once again hosting the Inbetweeners area, which offers digital and creative workshops where young people can use state-of-the-art equipment to produce their own work and get real hands-on experience of the media and music industry.
Editorial staff from the EDP and Norwich Evening News will be on hand to offer youngsters the chance to report on the festival - and have their work published in print and online.
Here are some of the projects taking place...
LATITUDE YOUNG REPORTERS
You may also want to watch:
The News Room will give teens a taste on what it's like to write, report and present the news. Work as part of a team that will put together features, pictures and reports from the Latitude News Room.
MUSIC PRODUCTION TENT
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
If you've been bitten by the bug after seeing so much incredible music throughout the festival, get into the music production tent to learn just how the pros do it.
For the Instagrammers out there, go one step further into the world of professional photography by becoming a Latitude Young Photographer.
THE DJ SHED & BEAT BOXING
Maybe you fancy getting behind the wheels of steel. These workshops will have you beat-matching and free-flowing before you know it.
Step into a world of high fashion to find out how the world's largest fashion houses get their ideas onto the catwalk. You can create, style and star in your very own fashion story.
For more information log on to http://www.latitudefestival.com/family/inbetweeners-area/cultureworks-east
See Monday's paper to see what the Inbetweeners got up to and for reviews, reports and pictures from the festival.