The 9 best places to get curry in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It is national curry week (October 5th-11th) so we are asking the important question: where is the best place in Norfolk to get a curry? Here are the top nine as ranked by Tripadvisor.
Namaste Village Norwich, Norwich
This family-run Indian dining restaurant wants to create a unique experience. Whilst ensuring authenticity and the finest Indian food, this restaurant serves vegetarian and vegan food from different regions of India. Customers get the best of both worlds: healthy and delicious food.
Dhaba At Fifteen, Norwich
This restaurant has a variety of Indian street food dishes, it has “combined the traditions of Indian home cooking and food carts with the refinement of contemporary cuisine”. Within the first year of opening, Dhaba at Fifteen was awarded the ‘best new Indian restaurant in Norfolk’.
New Saffron, Thetford
The restaurant was opened in June 2013 and since then it has been creating authentic dishes with the finest ingredients and its own blends of spices. The restaurant say that it is serving the best Indian (Bangladeshi) food in Thetford. New Saffron was also awarded a Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice award in 2020.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 9 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 10 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
Namaste India, Norwich
Namaste India is the sister restaurant to Namaste Village; it has Indian cuisine suitable for all including vegetarians and vegans. It uses fresh, local ingredients whilst it always tries to develop new and exciting flavours within its dishes.
Duke of Delhi, Saxlingham Thorpe
Duke of Delhi has a highly experienced team who cook locally sourced quality ingredients as it creates dishes full of flavour and aroma. It uses a subtle blend of spices, meat, fish and vegetables to bring customers the ultimate taste of Bangladeshi and Indian cuisine.
The Merchants of Spice II, Thorpe St Andrew
This restaurant was opened following the success of the Merchants of Spice in Colegate. Situated in Thorpe St Andrew, customers can expect to receive the finest ingredients with authentic herbs and spices to flavour its dishes.
The Bank, Sheringham
This restaurant says its dining experience is all about unique tastes and flavours. It is a small family-run business which has a focus on Nepalese cuisine. Its chef uses homemade original spices and organic products from the Himalayan foothills.
The Downham Tandoori Restaurant, Downham Market
This restaurant claims to be “the finest Indian restaurant and takeaway in West Norfolk” with its traditional herbs and spices. Its doors have been open since 1996 and since then it has been the heart of Indian cuisine in Downham Market.
Titash Indian Restaurant, Downham Market
Titash Restaurant has been serving customers for 12 years, it has established itself as built on tradition. Customers can expect a memorable dining experience as the chef has 32 years of culinary experience under their belt. It serves traditional South Asian cuisine “in its truest form”.