7 places selling rainbow food and drink to celebrate Norwich Pride 2017
- Credit: Archant
As Norwich prepares to celebrate Pride a selection of the city's shops, cafes and bars have created tempting rainbow-themed treats to mark the occasion. Here's a look at what's on offer:
• Macarons and More, The Royal Arcade
The patisserie have whipped up a selection of brightly coloured goodies for Pride, including a rainbow cake, featuring white chocolate and raspberry sponge, multicoloured Madagascan vanilla ganache, white chocolate and vanilla buttercream, meringue droplets and rainbow cookie pieces. They also have rainbow cookies, made from multicoloured sable biscuits sandwiched together with vanilla marshmallow and raspberry cake crunch.
• And Eat It, Norwich Market, Stalls 51/64
This Norwich Market stall has made a name for itself with its over-the-top milkshake creations. For Pride they've outdone themselves, creating a rainbow shake, topped with brightly coloured sweets and treats.
You may also want to watch:
• Bond, 27-28 Tombland
Bond Bar and Mantra nightclub on Prince of Wales Road have teamed up to create a limited edition rainbow Pride cocktail that gradually changes colour as it's poured into a tall glass.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
• The Assembly House, Theatre Street
This weekend The Assembly House are set to launch their limited edition Rainbow Unicorn Afternoon Tea to coincide with Pride. The unique foodie experience features a rainbow twist on the restaurant's signature cake, the Gateau Opera, sparkly jam and scones, meringue unicorns and a giant 66cm unicorn showstopper cake created by GBBO contestant Kate Barmby.
• Cupcakes and Bubbles, 5 Timber Hill
Cupcakes and Bubbles have made a magical batch of multicoloured chocolate cupcakes, with chocolate sponge topped with a rainbow icing swirl, that they say are perfect paired with a glass of champagne or prosecco.
• Temper and Glaze, Chapelfield Gardens
Temper and Glaze is a converted vintage caravan offering coffee and desserts run by The Great Australian Bake Off contestant, Jasmin Hartley. The caravan will be setting up shop in Chapelfield Gardens from 10am on Saturday, July 29 selling a range of goodies including iced rainbow unicorn doughnuts, white chocolate and vanilla rainbow cake and gooey chocolate brownies with rainbow sprinkles.
• Bar and Beyond, 24-26 Prince of Wales Road
The team at Bar and Beyond are making rainbow shots this week, which are absolutely mesmerising to watch being made.
• Always remember to drink responsibly.
Have you got a food story? Email email@example.com